Thursday, April 8, 2010

An early post today, well at least I am typing it early (2:34pm my time, which is about 10 hours before I normally post) I'm not sure how that time difference and when I post works for the readers. I normally post around midnight or later, so for the east coast that is around dinner time. When does even read the blog anyway? Late at night after dinner? At work during the day? In the morning? Or do yo do like I do when I'm waiting for a website to update, like when concert tickets are going on sale, and mash the refresh button as quickly and often as you can until finally the update finally shows up? I hope that doesn't happen, I guess i Should have implemented an email subscription system which would email you when I posted a new blog. Oh well too late now...

An early post today, well at least I am typing it early (2:34pm my
time, which is about 10 hours before I normally post) I'm not sure how
that time difference and when I post works for the readers. I normally
post around midnight or later, so for the east coast that is around
dinner time. When does even read the blog anyway? Late at night after
dinner? At work during the day? In the morning? Or do yo do like I do
when I'm waiting for a website to update, like when concert tickets
are going on sale, and mash the refresh button as quickly and often as
you can until finally the update finally shows up? I hope that doesn't
happen, I guess i Should have implemented an email subscription system
which would email you when I posted a new blog. Oh well too late now...

My guess, judging by when people post comments, is that you read after
dinner mostly, maybe because you're accustomed to that being the time
it normally gets updated.


How did I get off on that tangent? Oh right, writing mid day for a
change. Well I hate to say that a day in Europe is waste, but if there
was one this would be it. I'm not going to say it's a waste though so
don't quote me as saying such. Let's call it more of a limbo day,
shall we? Okay, so why a limbo day you might ask? Well I'd be happy to
tell you!

Long version or short? Long? Okay. (is it bad i'm talking to myself?
I'll answer that, no!) So the original plan was for me to return to
London with Becky on Monday night. But then after the plans were made,
about two weeks ago Nate decided he was going to meet us in Amsterdam,
and he didn't have any plans until the 7th, today. He had plans to go
to nice on the 7th, originally from Rome. So we both adjusted our
flights so that we could stay in Brussels for an extra couple days and
then continue on with our previous plans, he to Nice and me to Ireland
with Becky. So I pushed my flight off until the 7th and he switched
his to fly out of Brussels. But with these changes and the cheapest
way to do it for both of it, he left at 9am this morning with my
flight at 9pm tonight. So here I am in Brussels, sitting on a main
shopping road, listening to some Belgian butcher some American classics.

The day hasn't been all that bad though. I've been on a hunt to find a
store with an ipad, (so I can see it not buy it) and have been walking
around the streets just enjoying the culture and trying out a little
French.

Dublin tomorrow, leave at 8am(I'm just living in airports at this
point) and sadly was only able to fit one night in, so we have to plan
well to get it all in. Still have a head cold and cough, this needs to
go away asap.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to wait till you get back to London, Rome, or the USA to see the iPad! New iPhone OS today 1pm EST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, you've got to edit the title of this post - for some reason the whole first paragraph is showing up as the title (I'm guessing maybe you forgot to give it a title so it just picked the first sentence?)... anyway as a formatting nut, it's driving me crazy :)

    And in case you were wondering, I have your blog in one of my many Firefox tabs so I just hit refresh randomly (whenever I am bored).

    Keep having fun!
    - Jen

    ReplyDelete