Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 hours to go...

In 24 hours I will be in Newark airport, arriving home after over
three months of being in Europe. Even though I'm sitting in London
heathrow airport beginning this 24 hours of waiting, and flying, and
waiting and flying, I still can't fully realize that concept.

I have a nice 2 and a half hour flight to Rome at 8pm London time,
arriving in Rome at 11:30pm Rome time. Then I have a 9:50am flight
from Rome to Newark.

10 hours in FCO airport? I'm going to get to know that airport pretty
darn well.

And of course I am flying my absolute favorite airline, alitalia. If
there is one tip I would give to anyone ever studying abroad in Italy,
or traveling to Italy on vacation, it would not be to see something or
go somewhere or eat at a certain restaurant. No it would be to never,
ever, fly alitalia. I cannot even begin to tell you how horrible this
airline is (they filed for bankruptcy, how's that for a start?). They
are like the ryanair "regular" airlines. No, they are worse,
considering at least I get what I pay for with Ryanair. Their planes
are old, service is terrible, and they are always in the furthest gate
from the security check in. I just walked halfway to Rome to get to
the gate, and will probably have to take a bus to the plane.

I hope I have Internet in Rome so I can do one last final post, or
several since I have so much time. If not I will write the last post
and put it up when I arrive home. Just sit tight, could be a wild (or
extremely boring) last 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment