Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bus tours and Johnny Depp

Just a real brief update. Today was the last day that Becky and her
roommates were with us in Brussels, so we went tourist-style and got
on a tour bus for Brussels. It's the first tour bus I've done in
Europe, a bit expensive personally, and felt a little lacking, but
with the status of the weather up in the air (literally) it was a safe
bet to guarantee seeing all the sites, getting some info on each, and
not getting stuck in rain.

This took up a good part of the day, and then te girls were on their
way to the airport. Nate and I headed to a local movie theater where
we saw Alice in wonderland. It's the first American film I've seen in
3 months, and they played it in English, with French and flemish
subtitles. I was happy to sit in a theater and enjoy the movie. I
thought it was a good movie, with some great visuals and pretty solid
acting. The subtitles were a bit distracting, and I actually found
myself automatically reading along with the French ones. I actually
understood most of it, especially with the English translation being
spoken over them, but in the movie there were some heavy accents and I
actually was able to tell what was being said by looking at the French
subtitles.

Bruges tomorrow for the day, have a bit of a cold, again, so I hope
that doesn't slow us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment